If buses are cancelled due to poor weather, schools are still open. However, parents are asked to keep in mind the following:
· If you bring your child to school, you are responsible for picking him/her up at the end of the day.
· Please bring your child into the school so that you are sure that a member of the teaching staff is present.
· Staff may not arrive on time, or at all, if the roads are treacherous.
· Regular programs WILL be suspended. Students will be in a supervised study hall.
· Students are given a grant day in regards to attendance on days when the buses are cancelled– as such missing school on a bus day will not penalize a student aiming for perfect attendance.
Any bus cancellations are announced on local radio stations after 6:30am. If you choose to listen to a station other than
Canoe or the Moose, please make sure that you listen for clear instructions as to which part of TLDSB buses are cancelled. The message should be clear that TLDSB– Haliburton buses are cancelled. TLDSB-Kawartha Lakes and TLDSB-Muskoka can be cancelled on days when we are not or vice versa.